OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
NMS is seeking the services of a firm to offer Consultancy Services. The purpose of the consultancy is to help NMS Review the Business Continuity Plan by repackaging the available information into a more realistic and implementable Business Continuity plan.
Develop four other BCPs for four departments and link them to the main Business continuity plan.
The Specific Objectives of developing the BCP are mainly to:
- Provide NMS with viable and maintained plans which when executed will support a timely and effective recovery of all the interrupted business operations.
- Reduce the complexity of the recovery effort by facilitating the effective coordination of recovery tasks.
- Protect employees, Buildings and assets throughout the response, recovery and restoration process.
- Minimize the extent and amount of losses associated with extended recovery operation by reducing the duration of a serious disruption in the delivery of drugs.
- Protect the public image, Reputation
- Minimize possible adverse financial and operational impact as a result of the interruption to normal business operations
SCOPE OF SERVICES;
The Consultant will be required to undertake the following: -
- Conduct a Business impact Analysis and up on completion compile a report for submission to management.
- Identify any gaps in the current Business continuity plan against best practices, standards and recommend changes.
- Review the current NMS Business continuity plan and align it to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Develop four other Business Continuity Plans for four departments ((Procurement and disposal, Client services, stores and operations and I.T) and link them to the main Business continuity plan.
- Make recommendations where necessary about BCP implementation
- Work with the SRMCO (Senior Risk and Management Compliance Officer) to conduct a table top test and document the results for reference
- Benchmark with other corporations that have almost similar operations
- The short-listing criteria will include the following requirements and documents:
- A copy of valid trading licence or its equivalent;
- A copy of the certificate of registration or its equivalent;
- A signed statement indicating that the consultancy firm does not have a conflict of interest in the subject of the procurement;
- Registered/Notarized power of attorney that is specific to the tender.
- Tax clearance certificate for 2019 addressed to National Medical Stores.
- PPDA certificate of registration.
- Experience of the consultancy firm in assignments of a similar nature in terms of scope undertaken with reputable clients in the last three years (attach contracts and reference letters addressed to the General Manager, National Medical Stores);
- Certified audited financial reports for the FY 2018-19 and 2017-18 last two years;
- Skills of the Lead consultant that are relevant to the assignment ;( CVs must be attached.
- Consultancy firms may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
- Interested eligible consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address given below from Monday to Friday between 0800hrs to 1700hrs:
The General Manager,
National Medical Stores,
Plot4-12 Nsamizi Road,
P.O. Box 16 Entebbe –UGANDA
Tel: 256 414 320542
- Sealed Expressions of Interest (original and two copies) must be delivered to the address above by 11:00AM local time on …., 2020 and opening shall be held the same day at 11:30AM
- The notice inviting expression of interest is available at the Entity’s website at www.nms.go.ug and at www.ppda.go.ug
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
20th October, 2020
b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
6th November,2020 at 11:00AM
c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
Within 15 working days after closing date.
d. Display of shortlist
Within 2 working days after Contract Committee`s approval