- The National Medical Stores has allocated funds to be used for Expression of Interest for Servicing and Repair of NMS Fleet & FMIS Hardware Maintenance for a duration of 3 years on a Service Level Agreement.
- The Entity now invites eligible Service Providers to submit sealed expressions of interest for Expression of Interest for Servicing and Repair of NMS Fleet & FMIS Hardware Maintenance for a duration of 3 years on a Service Level Agreement.
- Interested Service Providers should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required capacities to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
- The short listing criteria will include the following requirements, documents and experience as shown below:
- A copy of valid trading licence or its equivalent for 2021;
- A copy of the certificate of registration or its equivalent;
- A Power of Attorney which if signed in Uganda shall be registered; or if signed outside Uganda shall be notarized authorising signature of the bid on behalf of the Bidder. The power of Attorney should be specific to this Expression of Interest. A general Power of Attorney Shall be rejected.
- A valid tax clearance certificate for 2021.
- A statement that you are not suspended by the Authority.
- A statement that you are not insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up or subject to legal proceedings for any of these circumstances.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE OF THE FIRM
The assignment is open to a service provider company with experience in Vehicle Servicing and Repairs including suitability of the premises as follows:
- Garage/Service/Repair center must be located in Uganda with a permanent address (state Plot number) for easy identification
- The premises must be fenced off to cater for general security of the vehicles while under service/repair
- Entity must be registered with PPDA and in possession of a valid certificate for the category of service/repair.
- Must have fulfilled all registration/operation requirements; certificate of registration, VAT registration.
- Must have general insurance cover (against theft, fire and or any other damage)
- Must observe health & safety guidelines
- Service/repair center must be pre-qualified with at least two client organizations
- SCOPE OF WORK
The service provider will implement a number of activities designed to service and repair the fleet in the most efficient and economical manner possible while meeting the highest level of quality and availability, including but not limited to;
- Servicing & Repair of NMS Vehicles (including the vehicle makes:
- Renault Trucks,
- Scania Trucks,
- Sino truk,
- Isuzu D-Max,
- Tata LPT 1116)
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Preventive Service Programs
- Service Calls & Towing
- Collision Repair
- General Repairs & Spare Parts Replacement
- Modifications, Fabrications, And Improvements
- Management & Reporting
- Fleet Monitoring System Hardware Maintenance
- The service provider shall service and repair tracking hardware for NMS vehicles as requested from time to time upon issuance of an approved Service/Repair Order from NMS.
- The service provider shall provide onsite maintenance for vehicle tracking hardware in case the vehicle cannot economically be delivered to the maintenance facility due to its immobility.
- The service provider shall provide tracking hardware parts equal to or exceeding the quality of replacement parts initially installed on the vehicle.
- The service provider shall provide warranty for all services performed on NMS fleet tracking hardware.
- The service provider shall provide 24/7 recovery service for all reported NMS Fleet tracking hardware defects.
- Service provider shall provide a telephone line and email address to ease communication through the value chain. These shall remain operational Monday- Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm
The Service Level Agreements will be executed with the successful Service Providers.
Existing Service Providers that have running Service Level Agreements with NMS need not participate
- Interested eligible providers may obtain further information at the address given below fromMonday to Friday between 0800hrs to 1700hrs:
The General Manager,
National Medical Stores,
Plot4-12 Nsamizi Road,
P.O. Box 16 Entebbe –UGANDA
Tel: +256 414 320542,
- Sealed Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address above by 11:00AM local time on
5th July 2022. (Address in number 6).
- The notice of expression of interest is available at the Entity’s website at www.nms.go.ug
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
7th June 2022
b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
5th July 2022
c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
Within 15 working days after closing date.
d. Display of shortlist
Within 2 working days after Contract Committee`s approval