National Medical Stores - NMS is an autonomous government corporation that was established in 1993 under an act of parliament, Cap 207. The NMS Mandate is to Procure, Store and Distribute Medicines and Health Supplies to Government Health Facilities and other accredited facilities on behalf of the Government of Uganda.
The National Medical Stores provides medical insurance services to the staff and their dependants.
The National Stores has allocated funds to be used for the acquisition of medical insurance services.
The service provider shall allow unlimited multiple visits of all the beneficiaries for out-patient and in-patient services at all provided centres.
The Medical insurance service provider shall allow an annual maximum of 200 inpatient cases.
The Medical insurance service provider shall be expected to provide insurance cover for 600 beneficiaries.
All services shall be provided 24hours a day unless the indicated service provider/affiliate provider operates for fewer hours.
The service provider shall submit regularly updated lists of service providers (Hospitals and Clinics/health centres) where the beneficiaries can access treatment.
The service provider shall ensure that beneficiaries get prescribed medicines at the health facility where they have been attended to (Point of Service) except where the prescribed medicine is not readily available.
2. Preliminary Submission Requirements:
1. The Entity now invites eligible consultants to submit sealed expressions of interest for provision of medical services.
2. Interested consultants should provide information that demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
3.The short listing criteria will include the following requirements and documents:
4. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
5. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from Monday to Friday between 0800hrs to 1700hrs:
The General Manager,
National Medical Stores,
Plot4-12 Nsamizi Road,
Tel: 256 414 320542
E-mail : nms.go.ug
8. The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
NB: The current provider of medical insurance services to the NMS staff and their dependants is not eligible to participate in this tender.