- National Medical Stores invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Expression of Interest to provide Air Ticketing Services.
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NUMBER
SUBJECT MATTER OF PROCUREMENT
Expression of Interest For Provision of Air Ticketing Services
- The Bidding document(s) shall be inspected and issued at Procurement and Disposal Unit, National Medical Stores, Plot4-12 Nsamizi Road, P.O. Box 16 Entebbe -UGANDA
- 3. The deadline for bid submission shall be at .11:00 AM on the 18th April, 2017.
4. The detailed bid notice is available at the Entity’s website at www.nms.go.ug
NOTICE OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVISION OF AIR TICKETING SERVICES UNDER TENDER REFRENCE NUMBER NMS/NCONS/16-17/00094
5. Service providers may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
6. The detailed Terms of Reference for the provider are as shown in Annex 1.
7. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from Monday to Friday between 0800hrs to 1700hrs:
The General Manager,
National Medical Stores,
Plot4-12 Nsamizi Road,
Tel: 256 414 320542
E-mail : nms.go.ug
9. The notice of expression of interest is available at the Entity’s website at www.nms.go.ug
10. The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The selected service provider(s) shall be expected to provide the following services:
RESERVATION AND TICKETING:
- The travel service provider(s) shall perform a full range of travel management services for National Medical Stores including:
- Within 2 hours of receiving a request by E-mail: make a minimum of two bookings in accordance with the corporation travel policy.
- Quotations will include price guarantee and include comments for rules on request. Provide the best-suited and available airlines operating on the route, and prepare appropriate itineraries and formal quotations based on the lowest fare and the most direct and convenient routing in accordance with the corporation travel guidelines and the authorization provided for the travel.
- While providing the quotations, the corporation should be notified in writing of full terms and conditions related to the ticket. This includes e.g. the validity of the quotations, the restrictions on the tickets, etc. Price should be broken down into ticket price and all-inclusive fee per ticket.
- Accurately advise the corporation of ticketing deadlines and other relevant information every time reservations are made, in order to avoid cancellation of bookings.
- In the event that required travel arrangements cannot be confirmed, notify the requesting party of the problem and present alternative routings/quotations for consideration. For wait-listed bookings, provide regular feedback on the status of each flight every two days.
- Provide computer-printed itineraries to the corporation travelers, in English with complete information on status of reservation on all carriers for each trip as well as contact addresses/telephone number/department and arrival times/transfer/seat assignment/telephone emergency numbers.
- Provide prompt telephone answering and reception service. If telephone calls are not dealt with immediately or questions raised are not attended to the same day, messages and calls must be acknowledged and an explanation provided as to when an answer will be given.
- Electronic mail messages must be responded to within the same day before closure of business at 05:00pm.
- Render assistance as may be required to the corporation travelers in case of accident, sickness, injury or death, or loss or damage to baggage while on official travel status.
- Follow-up with the travelers on flight and baggage insurance coverage; follow-up on lost luggage.
- Issue and update traveler’s profile including traveler’s preference: seat, special meal, frequent flyer programme numbers, address, telephone, cell phone, e-mail, etc., with traveler’s consent.
- Promptly investigate and resolve any complaint from the corporation travelers consulting with the designated contact person from the corporation.
- Deliver/mail tickets/travel documents directly to the corporation or, in emergencies, at the airport.
- Invoicing as requested by the corporation per ticket issued.
- The travel service provider(s) shall perform the tasks completely and without error; accuracy in this regard shall mean zero-error in passenger records and airline bookings, fare computation, routing, and zero-error in the issuance of tickets, i.e. there shall be no aborted travel due to incomplete travel documents.
- The travel service provider(s) shall be willing to provide quotes/estimates for travel costs to be used for e.g. budgets or proposals.
The travel service provider(s) shall ascertain the documentation requirements for various destinations and nationalities.
FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS/ REBOOKING AND REFUNDS:
The travel service provider(s) shall:
- Process duly authorized flight changes/cancellations when and as required and ensure that cancellation fees and charges imposed by airlines are minimized in such cases.
- Limit refund charges to airline rates only, i.e. no additional charges shall be raised by the travel service provider(s); all refund fees shall be advised to the corporation when a request or service is made.
- Immediately process airline refunds for cancelled travel and unutilized pre-paid tickets and promptly credit them to the corporation and its travelers.
- Absorb all cancellation charges which are due to no-fault of the corporation or the traveler.