“To efficiently and effectively procure quality and affordable trading and non-trading supplies, works and services”
The scope of trading stock: Medicines, Hospital Sundries and Consumables, Hospital Equipments, Antiseptics & Disinfectants; Orthopaedic supplies; Edible and IV Nutritional supplements, Laboratory and Diagnostic products, Hospital Stationary and Dental supplies.
Scope of non-trading stock: non-medical supplies, works and services that support National Medical Stores' Operations and Administration.
ACTIVITIES OF PDU
- Developing procurement plans for each financial year
- Maintaining an updated pre-qualified suppliers database, and update it periodically
- Monitoring and evaluating management of contracts by Contract Managers
- Ensuring the safety and accessibility of Procurement documents for review and audit purposes
- Build and Maintain supplier relations
- Preparing and disseminating reports and communication in a timely
- Appropriate disposal of out of use supplies
The NMS Procurement Process
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF PDU
- Lower Prices due to economies of scale
- Attraction of a wide range of suppliers hence competition
- Ability to pay suppliers in a timely manner hence improved NMS-Supplier relations